150 g quinoa
50 g sunflower seeds
50 g pumpkin seeds
3 tablespoons ground arrowroot
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
50 g coconut oil, melted
50 g ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 apples, skins left on coarsely grated
1 medium carrot, grated
150 g desiccated coconuts
75 g raisins
1. The night before you plan to make these, soak the quinoa in 300ml water. Soak the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in 200ml water at the same time.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas Mark 5, and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
3. In a food processor, whiz together the arrowroot, maple syrup, egg white, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon, coconut oil, ground flaxseed and sea salt.
4. Rinse and drain the quinoa in a fine sieve, discarding the soaking water and add the quinoa to the food processor and blend again. Transfer to a large bowl.
5. Rinse and drain the seeds and stir in with the remaining ingredients until well combined.
6. Spoon into the baking tray and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Carefully remove from the tray and leave to cool on a wire rack. Slice into 18 pieces to serve.
hemsley and hemsley