45 g whole dates
50 g nuts, cashews almonds etc. NO PEANUTS!
35 g raisins, or more dates
1. Remove pits from dates. Put nuts into food processor (or Vitamix) and chop until in small pieces. Remove and put in bowl.
2. Put dates and raisins (any combination of the two that equals ½ cup total) into the food processor and pulse until play dough consistency.It will start to clump together when it is done.
3. Mix the two ingredients by hand until well incorporated and the consistency of stiff play dough or cookie dough. (You can do this all in the food processor also).
4. Roll between two sheets of wax paper to a ½ inch thickness and cut into bars. (Or make it really easy and just roll into energy balls!)
5. Wrap in wax paper or glass containers if you aren't giving to kids and store in fridge until ready to use.